Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Line Combinations....


Ahhh so many possible combinations, there really aren't any wrong combinations you can go with considering the top 9 forwards we have. I've sent my application in to the Flyers and expected to be named head coach sometime in late November after Stevens gets fired. After my introductory press conference, I'll talk to the team and let them know what the lines will be....

Gagne-Carter-Hartnell
Lapierre-Giroux-Briere
Powe-Richards-Asham
Cote-Carcillo-Nodl

Pronger-Parent
Timonen-Coburn
Jones-Carle

Emery
Boooooosh

WHAT!? Richards on the 3rd line? I know, I know, but hear me out.... In my opinion, Richards is the most valuable to us on the power play and the penalty kill. Lord knows we're going to be shorthanded alot this year (especially with the addition of Pronger and Lappy as well as a full season of Carcillo) So by putting Richie on the 3rd line, it will give him a couple less mintues 5 on 5, therefore making him a little bit fresher to score 10 shorties this year and help the best power play in the league along with Pronger. Not to mention, having Richards on the 3rd line will help make Powe look even more awesome than he already does (he's slowly becoming one of my favorites)

WHAT?! Lapierre on the 2nd line with Giroux and Briere? Just watch someone try to take a run at either one of them and see what Lappy does to them....one word...pain!

As far as my "D" pairing go, dont pay much attention to the order of the 1st 2 units, they are both going to play about 48-50 minutes per night, so to classifiy one of them as the 1st unit and the other as the 2nd unit is kind of irrelevant. Call me crazy, but I think our 3rd pairing of Carle and Jones is going to play real well this year. Last year, they played alot more minutes against other teams better players, which isnt exactly a role they should be in, but if you only have them out there for about 10 minutes a night theoretically against the 3rd/4th lines from other teams, it will help them look pretty good.

Now remember everyone, when you're watching me accept the Jack Adams Award this year, you were the first to hear about my coaching strategy
LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment