Saturday, September 19, 2009

Predictions sure to go wrong...Western Conference

I know that we're all very busy people who may not have time to watch every single game this season, so I figured I'd do everyone a favor and reveal how the standings will play out. Today I'll reveal the West.

1-Vancouver
2-Chicago
3-San Jose
4-Detroit
5-Calgary
6-Columbus
7-St Louis
8-Los Angeles

Playoffs: 1st Round
Vancouver over LA (in 4 games)
Chicago over St. Louis (in 7 games)
Columbus over San Jose (in 7 games)
Calgary over Detroit (in 7 games)

2nd Round
Vancouver over Columbus (in 4 games)
Chicago over Calgary (in 7 games)

Conf. Finals
Vancouver over Chicago (in 6 games)

Obviously you can tell I like Vancouver alot this year, even in a stacked conference. The west is filled with alot of young, up and coming teams like Columbus, St Louis, and LA, who would all have better shots and going deeper in the playoffs if they were in the East. I think this is the year that Anaheim slips back just a little bit, I have them finishing 9th in the conference. I think the only big complaint that people will have with my projections is that LA makes the playoffs this season, most think they are at least a year away, but GM Ron Hextall has done a great job building that team with alot of good young players such as Anze Kopitar, Jon Quick, and Drew Doughty, as well as adding veteran leadership in Ryan Smyth. Time will tell, but I feel pretty confident that this is how the west will play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment